A tractor is the most common and popular piece of machinery in the farming sector. It is a go-to vehicle for farmers wanting to till, haul, move or plough the soil. In addition, a variety of attachments can be fit with tractors, including pallet forks, disc harrows, cultivators, rotary cutters, aerators and tillers. Tractors come with powerful engines and have bigger wheels in the back. Such a design is not accidental, as it is purposefully done to derive maximum torque power from the tractor when the speed is slow.
In addition, tractors are employed for pulling conventional trailers that carry products or equipment necessary for farming. There has been considerable development in the arena of Indian farming equipment. Due to this, tractors have moved to the front of the agricultural revolution. Modern tractors consider a range of variables, including land type, weather and needs of a farmer.
Since modernization started, tractors have become a crucial part of the campaign. Farmers have been using tractors to perform different tasks on the field. These versatile and sturdy machines can handle tasks ranging from forestry and construction to agricultural projects. Invest in first-rate tractors to make your farming lives easier.
Mowing: Trimming is one of the primary jobs of tractors. A mower can be attached to the tractor to make a golf club or your lawn look neat and trimmed. You will require tractors that are bulgy and huge for such a task. Trimming and maintenance can be quickly done with a tractor with a suitable mower attachment and a width of 5-6 feet.
Shifting: Hands are not enough for carrying or transporting heavy items from one part of the field to another. Thus, farmers need tractors for shifting heavy things. A tractor has a front-end loader to accomplish tasks such as carrying, lifting and pushing logs.
Land Clearing: A farm can often be dirty due to residues and debris. Farmers can make their surroundings neat and clean by eliminating unnecessary dirt and trash. Tractors can perform this task efficiently to move obstacles like dead trees, heavy bushes and rocks. Thus, a tractor is essential for clearing the land and growing crops. Tractors can easily remove the grass from the roots with their engine power.
Cultivation: Growing and cultivating different crops need the application of cultivators, seed drills, disks and ploughs. These implements are attached to tractors of varying sizes. Planting is another job that a tractor can easily do.
Emergency Help: Natural disasters like floods can block roads. India faces floods mainly during the monsoon region. Thus, it is a common problem for Indian farmers. When this happens, there is no transportation as the roads are inaccessible. In addition, most vehicles cannot pass the dirty water, debris and mud as their wheels are small. A tractor or a mini tractor is an excellent transport in such a case. As tractors have large wheels, people can cross all the obstacles to reach individuals who require emergency help. Tractors can also supply aid like food materials in great numbers as they can carry a heavy load.
Generally, tractors are linked to farming as they are highly productive when used with implements for purposes like harrowing, sowing, tilling and ploughing. Farmers also use a tractor to pull or push the machinery, which makes farming operations easier. Following are some tractor types that are employed for varying reasons in the farming sector:
- Utility tractors: You can use this type to pull heavy implements and perform critical operations such as ploughing. In addition, utility tractors are the best way to reduce the extra cost of buying different equipment for various tasks. The power range of these tractors lies in the field of 45 HP-140HP. Due to this, they can move heavy implements such as threshers and harvesters.
- Garden tractors: You must prefer these tractors if you want to make flower beds and cut grass. They are small in size, and their power range is between 1 and 20 HP. Those who are into gardening find these tractors highly convenient. This tractor is for you if you need to mow lawns or landscape your yard.
- Row Crop tractors: If you want reduced soil pressure and controlled weed growth, you can plant crops in a row. In such situations, row crop tractors are the most viable for activities like weed elimination, harrowing, levelling and ploughing. Also, these tractors have higher ground clearance, resulting in easy handling and comfortable driving. You can ensure that the row spacing is suitable using these tractors.
- Compact tractors: They are also known by the name of mini tractors. Compact tractors are usually employed for farming tasks in orchards and vineyards. For this reason, they have narrow rear track width and comfortable adjustable seats. Farmers can trim the plants quickly and also cut low-hanging fruits.
- Sub-Compact tractors: These machines are compact tractors but are a smaller package. Their frame is smaller, but these tractors can perform most of the tasks a compact tractor does. They are easy to manoeuvre and thus suitable for farmers buying their first tractor for their small farms. In addition, they are highly affordable due to their small size.
- Speciality tractors: The design of these tractors is based on the kind of specific operation. Thus, this category includes different tractor types designed for unique functions. These tractors keep in mind challenging environments and complex dimensions. Due to this, they can perform tasks that cannot be done using a typical tractor. Also, these tractors are suitable for areas where regular tractors cannot operate, such as rough terrain and tight corners.
- Earthmoving tractors: These are heavy-duty tractors that are extremely powerful and heavy. For this reason, they are preferred on construction sites. These tractors can level a surface, dig a basement and construct a quarry. This tractor is for you if you need to perform the most challenging jobs in your field, like transporting heavy loads or demolition. They can transport all kinds of lumber, rocks, mud and dirt.